|Getting through on my family's money.|
|My freshman year coolness is nearly indescribable.|
Sophia Presents: The Book Scholarship For Case Western Reserve Students in Their First or Second Year
(see update below for important info for upperclassmen)
Yes, children, that is right. I am offering to buy YOU one course textbook valued at $150 or less (when I am a more successful this may change, but give me a break I am still 24 years old). "How will I capitalize on this generous offer?" you may be wondering. I will tell you. First you will write me a one to two page story about yourself that will make me laugh. Did you do something silly as a child? One time you ran a car in a wall? Life is pretty boring but you drew me pictures and wrote of something pathetic you did? All of these and more will work. Just be yourself (your funny self).Then you will provide the following information:
- Extracurricular activities:
- Your GPA from last semester:
- Update: Can you also give me your year? I missed that one earlier.
Finally, if you are chosen, you will figure out what book you need. You will go to the bookstore, find it on the shelves, take a picture and write down the ISBN number. I will order it online. If it is less than $150 new, you get a new book, if it costs more than $150, I will buy you a used one online. I am not an idiot, no one is getting cash. Do you have two books that add up to $150? We can do that too! If you hold up your end, that book will be in your hot little hands within the first week of school.
- You have to be a freshman or sophomore to enter. I think these years are the worst because you aren't sure whats up and therefore it is harder to work and go to class.
- You give me the rights to whatever story you provide. I will not ever post or give out any information, but might put better entries up here.
- You will not sue me.
- You will not be angry if I don't choose you, my judging is totally subjective and its the internet, so yeah.
- If you don't give me any option for buying you a book under $150 when you win, no one gets a prize and that sucks for the world dude. I will knit you a hat though if you honestly can't find any way to make $150 dollars go towards book costs.
- You will submit your entry by AUGUST 10th! Your entry MUST BE SENT FROM YOUR CASE EMAIL. Send entries to FortunatelyUnfortunateSophia at gmail dot com.
- Only one entry per person. If there are less than 10 entries, contest is off.
So good luck everyone. I look forward to hearing from you
P.S. If you can commit to walking to Little Italy and taking a picture in Presti's with your book, you get bonus points.
|Mmm, sweet sweet macaroons and maple cinnamon rolls.|
After having this posted less than 24 hours, I was contacted by another alumni who wants to match this offer, FOR JUNIORS AND SENIORS! Now you can get in on all this free book goodness and two students will have that much less to pay in student loans. Same rules and entry process as above apply to you. I am so excited!
Do/did we not go to the best school ever?!?!
|Also, which logo is the official one this year? I think I was the only year to have the "fat man with a surfboard" logo. Everyone else should be thankful that you didn't.|